Hey, I ain’t no local, but here’s what I think you should try if you ever wanna go to Bacolod. Or at least here’s what we did. 😉
1) Ride a jeepney. Okay, you can do that in Manila too, or anywhere else for that matter. Just wanted y’all to know that there’s no need to hire a van (or hitch) every single day.
4) Tire yourself to death by trekking in Mambukal Falls. We thought we’d just take pictures but boy were we wrong. haha The place had 7 falls. We were so tired by the end of the fifth that we decided to skip the last 2. Don’t judge. We got more than enough exercise. haha
a) riding a motorcycle!
In my defense, I look so scared in that pic coz 1) it was my first time to ride a motorcycle and 2) my Manong Driver was so fast that I was so far from my friends. I did enjoy the ride though. Enjoyed it a whole lot more than trekking. 😐
or b) Driving the motorcycle. Go Manong Marlowe!
6) Do a cartwheel/handstand or whatever it is that Yambs was trying to do (push ups? haha) by the ruins. hahaha
9) Eat with your hands. 🙂 like how I did in this very flattering picture of me.
10) Truth is, it doesn’t matter what you eat or how you eat. The important thing is that you do. Okay, here’s where I get serious. The food in Bacolod is AMAZING. The only thing you really need to do there is eat. okay???
We went to Bacolod to celbrate Masskara. The thing is, we didn’t really get to watch the parades and join the festival coz our itinerary was…funny. Still, had so much fun with my friends. Til the next Living the Life trip! 🙂
BTW, if you really want to know about what to do and where to go/eat in Bacolod, leave a comment and I’ll do what I can to help. 😉