Photographed by: Joana Velasquez
Clothes: White shirt, Zara. Denim shorts, Tiendesitas. Brown heels, Parisian. Owl necklace and ring, Forever 21.
Since this is my first post, let me give a brief intro of myself. Don’t worry, I’ll try to keep things interesting.
There are only ten things you need to know about me.
1. I just recently turned 20.
2. I’m a Management Engineering graduate of the Ateneo de Manila University. BUT. I work in IT.
3. Do not be deceived by my less-than-one-hundred-pound weight. My stomach is a bottomless pit that is constantly growling for replenishment.
4. My hair is naturally curly.
5. I can eat sisig/pizza with anchovies/California Maki (with Japanese mayo)/sardine pasta everyday for. the. rest. of. my. life.
6. Legally Blonde is my go-to movie when I need inspiration. Ha!
7. My nails are my own customized, personalized (and most of the time, glittery) lethal weapons.
8. A self-proclaimed bookworm – I relish fantasy and science fiction novels most. <—- Geek!
9. I unconsciously blurt out songs whenever, wherever. Oh, and I dance whenever, wherever too.
10. I extremely love clothes, hence my compelling desire to create my own fashion blog.
Special thanks to Kat Buyoc (of Ylla shoes) for helping me come up with a decent (well thanks to her it’s now extremelysophisticated and a bit challenging to pronounce with the right accent) name for my blog. We had to tweak it a bit because apparently the French wouldn’t approve of my grammar. 😐 So I would also like to thank TJ Simeon who not only translated sentences for me, but went the extra mile and asked his French friend just to make sure. Also, thanks to Kevin Cena who has been my consultant re my blog’s name. Thanks to Mike Gonzalez for helping me configure my pictures. And of course, thanks to the fabulous Monette Navarro for my kick-ass header and Joana Velasquez for her patience in shooting me (and her canon 7d quality shots). 😀
Now that you’ve read this entry and know tons of things about me, I hope you find my blog (and me, of course) interesting enough to visit it again. Or at least I hope you feel guilty and obliged to follow it because you feel you know me all too well. This post is certainly the start of many more fashion forward entries ranging from my own outfits, trend checks, features, DIY ideas and more.
And now that you’re here, I would like to personally welcome and invite you to Mon Beau Monde – of fashion, that is. 😉
EDIT: Special thanks to JOE HIZON for the moral support and for helping me come up with this blog. 😀